This week saw a range of things happening in Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead (RBWM) Council.
- Senior leadership meet to reinforce and augment RBWM strategic plan for mental health across 2017 with further long-term objectives being identified for 2020.
- Cllr Carroll will be meeting with senior officers this week to crystallise some of the additional thinking.
- The Council will also be seeking to identify members of staff across the council at all levels to sign up to the initiative as champions and ambassadors linked to RBWM mental health initiatives.
- There was a media launch of new RBWM ‘s drugs and alcohol service which will place extra emphasis on dual diagnosis and signposting to mental health services.
- Council Leader, Cllr Simon Dudley, flagged as part of a BBC Berkshire interview the importance of Brighter Berkshire as part of a wider integrated strategy that RBWM is pursuing in relation to homelessness.
- Launch of mental health first aid training to RBWM managers/staff.